Gallery Route One (GRO) is sponsoring two 18-month Fellowships beginning in January 2022. Fellowships provide opportunities to participate in a vibrant, non-profit gallery with an experienced gallery staff and practicing artist members.
The Fellowships include solo and two-person exhibitions as well as opportunities to participate in Artist Member exhibitions and Gallery Route One’s annual Box Show.
Who May Apply:
Artists between the ages of 21 and 40 living in the San Francisco Bay Area with:
- A strong portfolio of completed work as well as work in progress
- A committed fine-arts practice
- An interest in and desire to participate in the work of Gallery Route One as outlined below under Fellowship Benefits and Fellowship Responsibilities
When to Apply
April 1 through October 15, 2021
How to Apply
Application is online at Submittable.com.
Notification: November 15, 2021
Interviews: November-December, 2021
- Solo exhibition in the Annex Gallery
- Two-person exhibition in the Main Gallery
- $1000 stipend to help with the costs of producing the exhibitions
- Assistance in identifying and securing outside funding
- Promotion for the solo and two-person exhibitions on the GRO website and in social media, broadcast media and print media
- Inclusion in the annual Artist Members’ exhibition
- Inclusion in GRO’s annual Box Show
- Inclusion in the Alcove Small Works Gallery
- Knowledge of and direct experience in producing exhibitions and other aspects of gallery management
- Paid participation in GRO’s Artist in the Schools program(optional)
- Mentoring from gallery staff and artist members in areas of interest to the Fellow
- Gallery sit (approximately 6 hours every 6 weeks)
- Perform a mutually agreed upon gallery job at the gallery and/or off-site (approximately 4-6 hours a month)
- Attend virtual, monthly Artist Member meetings
- Attend in-person Artist Members meetings and/or GRO organizational meetings
- Attend in-person GRO events at the gallery such as exhibition receptions, fund raising activities, and/or community outreach activities.
- Co-host a reception for the solo and two-person exhibitions