OUT OF THE BLUE
GRO’s Annual Juried Show 2013
Juror: Ruth Braunstein
Exhibition dates: Jan. 11 – February 3, 2013
Reception Sunday, Jan. 13, 3–5 pm
ENTRY DEADLINE: Friday, Dec. 7, 5 pm
Media: all except video, crafts
Size: artwork not to exceed 60″ in any dimension
Maximum of 4 entries
Fee: $10 / 1 entry
$25 / 3 entries
$30 / 4 entries
Images must be in jpeg format, no larger than 2 megabytes
Name each image Title-medium-HxWxD.jpeg
Or via email (see Prospectus)
GRO’s WILD BOOK SHOW 2012
ARTISTS ARE INVITED to celebrate the wilds of the Point Reyes National Seashore and environs by making a WILD BOOK for our annual Wild Book Show. The exhibition is sponsored jointly by Gallery Route One and Point Reyes Books to benefit GRO’s Artists in the Schools program. Books will be sold through a silent auction with a starting bid of $25. The Wild Book Show is a benefit for GRO’s Artists in the Schools program.
Exhibition dates: Nov. 16 – Dec. 30, 2012
Opening reception Sunday, Nov. 18, 3 to 5 pm
Books are due at GRO on Saturday, Nov. 10 or Sunday, Nov. 11 between 11 AM– 5 PM
Become a GRO Member Artist
The artists at GRO believe that art can be a powerful force for change, and that artists have much to contribute to the dialogue about critical problems we face as a society.
Artist Member benefits:
• A major exhibit in the main gallery every 36 months (may be a solo, or two-person show).
• Show small work(s) in rotating exhibitions and on shelves in the gallery store throughout the year.
• Exhibit work in a members’ group show – held at least once a year.
• Participate in gallery planning & decision-making.
• Organize art and educational events through the gallery.
• Work with other artists on art-related projects.
• Participate in exchange exhibits with other organizations locally and abroad, from time to time.
• Pay reduced fees for gallery juried shows and other gallery events.
• Individualized web presence
… and responsibilities
• Pay dues
• Agree to an initial 18 month membership commitment upon joining.
• Agree to attend twice yearly members’ meetings.
• Serve on gallery committees and juries.
• Serve as gallery sitter
• Perform gallery chores, such as stuffing envelopes, hosting openings, buying supplies, painting walls.
• Assist in fundraising events.
• Cover the additional expenses and perform the additional work required for a major show.
NEW! If a full artist membership is not for you, check out our Dual Artist Membership and our Emerging Artist Membership.
Read about all 3 membership categories by downloading our
Other exhibition opportunities:
GRO offers an annual juried show in January open to Northern California artists; send us an email to receive a prospectus. The annual Wild Book Show is open to Bay Area book artists on a first-come basis. Our famous Box Show usually has a few openings each year; sign up at the front desk to be in a drawing for a box. Check this page for these and other opportunities to exhibit at GRO. If you are interested in being considered for an exhibit in the With The Earth or Far From Home Series please visit the Project Space.