GRO Fellowships for Young Artists
GRO has an ongoing Fellowship program for artists 21 to 35. The Fellowship recipients for 2015 have been selected. Applications for 2016 will be available here beginning in Spring through October, 2015.
Become a GRO Member Artist
The artists at GRO believe that art can be a powerful force for change, and that artists have much to contribute to the dialogue about critical problems we face as a society.
Artist Member benefits:
• A major exhibit in the main gallery every 36 months (may be a solo, or two-person show).
• Show small work(s) in rotating exhibitions and on shelves in the gallery store throughout the year.
• Exhibit work in a members’ group show – held at least once a year.
• Participate in gallery planning & decision-making.
• Organize art and educational events through the gallery.
• Work with other artists on art-related projects.
• Participate in exchange exhibits with other organizations locally and abroad, from time to time.
• Pay reduced fees for gallery juried shows and other gallery events.
• Individualized web presence
… and responsibilities
• Pay dues
• Agree to an initial 18 month membership commitment upon joining.
• Agree to attend twice yearly members’ meetings.
• Serve on gallery committees and juries.
• Serve as gallery sitter
• Perform gallery chores, such as stuffing envelopes, hosting openings, buying supplies, painting walls.
• Assist in fundraising events.
• Cover the additional expenses and perform the additional work required for a major show.
Artist couples may inquire about a Dual Artist Membership
Other exhibition opportunities:
GRO offers an annual juried show in January open to Northern California artists; send us an email to receive a prospectus. The annual Wild Book Show is open to Bay Area book artists on a first-come basis. Our famous Box Show usually has a few openings each year; sign up at the front desk to be in a drawing for a box. Check this page for these and other opportunities to exhibit at GRO. If you are interested in being considered for an exhibit in the With The Earth or Far From Home Series please visit the Project Space.