Catalyst / Annual Juried Show
Juror: Scott Shields, Associate Director and Chief curator Crocker Art Museum in Sacramento
Exhibition Dates: January 17 – February 9, 2014
Entry Deadline: Friday, December 6, 2013
Awards: $250 for Best of Show and three non-cash Awards of Merit
Eligibility: All Northern California Artists
Media: All media except video, crafts
Download the prospectus pdf CATALYST-Pros
With the Earth / Call for Exhibition Proposals
Artists who address local or global environmental issues such as climate change, ocean and waterway protection, resource management, species extinction, agricultural recovery, plastic waste, etc. are invited to submit exhibition proposals for consideration for GRO’s 2014 exhibition schedule. One and two person shows will be scheduled for the Project Space gallery within Gallery Route One. Applications must be mailed in or hand delivered.
Deadline: December 9, 2013
WILD BOOK SHOW 2014
A benefit for GRO’s Artists in the Schools Program
Exhibition Dates: February 14 – March 23, 2014
Download the prospctus pdf for The Wild Book Show
GRO Fellowship for Young Artists: Deadline Oct. 1 at 5 pm
This call is closed
This is an opportunity to become involved in the life of a working gallery and to exhibit new work in two solo exhibitions and one or more group exhibitions at Gallery Route One in Point Reyes Station, Marin County, California.
The artist will have a solo exhibition in the small Annex Gallery within the first nine months of receiving the fellowship, and a solo exhibition in the large Center Gallery at the end of the eighteen-month Fellowship period. During the Fellowship period Fellows will be offered space in artist member group shows, GRO’s annual Box Show, the small works gallery, and any external exhibitions offered to gallery artists. Fellows will also be represented on our website. There is no fee for the Fellowship or Fellows’ exhibitions, but Fellows are required to serve as gallery attendants, once per month or less, and must cover their portion of the costs for printing and mailing the gallery announcement for their solo exhibition in the Center Gallery. Fellows are expected to host the reception for their solo exhibition. Fellows will receive a $500 stipend to defray Fellowship-related expenses.
Become a GRO Member Artist
The artists at GRO believe that art can be a powerful force for change, and that artists have much to contribute to the dialogue about critical problems we face as a society.
Artist Member benefits:
• A major exhibit in the main gallery every 36 months (may be a solo, or two-person show).
• Show small work(s) in rotating exhibitions and on shelves in the gallery store throughout the year.
• Exhibit work in a members’ group show – held at least once a year.
• Participate in gallery planning & decision-making.
• Organize art and educational events through the gallery.
• Work with other artists on art-related projects.
• Participate in exchange exhibits with other organizations locally and abroad, from time to time.
• Pay reduced fees for gallery juried shows and other gallery events.
• Individualized web presence
… and responsibilities
• Pay dues
• Agree to an initial 18 month membership commitment upon joining.
• Agree to attend twice yearly members’ meetings.
• Serve on gallery committees and juries.
• Serve as gallery sitter
• Perform gallery chores, such as stuffing envelopes, hosting openings, buying supplies, painting walls.
• Assist in fundraising events.
• Cover the additional expenses and perform the additional work required for a major show.
NEW! If a full artist membership is not for you, check out our Dual Artist Membership and our Emerging Artist Membership.
Read about all 3 membership categories by downloading our
Other exhibition opportunities:
GRO offers an annual juried show in January open to Northern California artists; send us an email to receive a prospectus. The annual Wild Book Show is open to Bay Area book artists on a first-come basis. Our famous Box Show usually has a few openings each year; sign up at the front desk to be in a drawing for a box. Check this page for these and other opportunities to exhibit at GRO. If you are interested in being considered for an exhibit in the With The Earth or Far From Home Series please visit the Project Space.